Registration for Learn to Skate and Learn to Play is Now Open!
Watertown Youth Hockey provides the perfect environment for your son or daughter to learn to play the game of hockey. Our USA Hockey-certified coaching staff has developed a curriculum that is tailored to developing skills and instilling a love of the game of hockey in young players.
Learn to Skate is WYHA's program for kids aged 4 to 10, with little or no skating experience. The program focuses on developing basic hockey skating skills in a friendly environment. The program will run in two 8-week sessions (October 26 - December 27, and January 3 - February 22), with ice times running 45 minutes on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Registration for the 1st eight- week session is now open and will remain open until November 10. The registration cost is $100. You can also register now for both sessions of Learn to Skate for a fee of $175.
Learn to Play is WYHA's hockey skills development program for kids aged 5 to 12 with previous hockey skating experience. The program will run for 16 weeks (November through March), with ice times running 60 minutes on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Registration is now open, and will remain open until December 1. The cost is $400.
Follow These Steps to Register Your Child In One Of These WYHA Programs
1. Register for USA Hockey. All participants in Learn to Play and Learn to Skate must be registered with USA Hockey, which can be done by clicking here. At the end of the registration process, you will receive a USA Hockey registration number that you will need in order to complete the WYHA registration.
2. To register your skater in the first session of Learn to Skate, click here.
3. To register your skater for both sessions of Learn to Skate, click here. (Please note that there will be an opportunity to register for the second session of Learn to Skate in December, at a cost of $100. Registering for the entire season now will save you $25).
4. To register your skater in Learn to Play, click here.
- All particpants in Learn to Skate must have hockey skates, hockey helmet with facemask, shin guards and elbow pads. Hockey pants are not required, but are encouraged.
- All participants in Learn to Play must have all of the same equipment as Learn to Skate (hockey pants required), plus shoulder pads, a neck guard, and a hockey stick.
- We are working with the staff from Hamden Sports to schedule an equipment fitting and sale at Taft. Check back here for additional information.